- interact with any of Businesschat websites (including www.businesschat.io) or our social media pages (collectively, the "Sites") ("website users");
- use BusinessChat's communication and messaging products, customer workspaces, mobile applications, and our other applications and services (collectively, the "BusinessChat Services") ("customers");
- interact with any of BusinessChat's end user messenger domains APIs ("end-users");
- are a marketing prospect, who is anyone whose data BusinessChat processes for the purposes of assessing customer eligibility ("marketing prospect"); or
- receive marketing communications from BusinessChat.
Use of the information we collect
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes
- Providing and facilitating delivery of the BusinessChat Services and Sites: We process your personal data to perform our contract with you for use of our Services and Sites and to fulfill our obligations under applicable terms of service. Where we have not entered into a contract with you, we process your personal data in reliance on our legitimate interests to operate and administer the BusinessChat Services and Sites. For example, to create, administer and manage your account.
- Communicating with you about the BusinessChat Services and providing customer support: We may send you service, technical and other administrative messages in reliance on our legitimate interests in administering the BusinessChat Services. For example, we may send you messages about the availability or security of the BusinessChat Services. We also process your personal data to respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer care and support.
- Improving the BusinessChat Services and Sites: We process your personal data to improve and optimize the BusinessChat Services and Sites and to understand how you use the BusinessChat Services and Sites, including to monitor usage or traffic patterns and to analyze trends and develop new products, services, features and functionality in reliance on our legitimate interests.
- Sending marketing communications: We process your personal data to send you marketing communications via email, post or SMS about our products, services, and upcoming events that might interest you in reliance on our legitimate interests or where we seek your consent. Please see the "Your Privacy Rights and Choices" section below to learn how you can control your marketing preferences.
- Managing event registrations and attendance: We process your personal data to plan and host events for which you have registered or that you attend, including sending related communications to you.
- Maintaining the security of the BusinessChat Services and Sites: We process your personal data to control unauthorized use or abuse of the BusinessChat Services and Sites, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate BusinessChat policies or applicable laws, in reliance on our legitimate interests to maintain and promote the safety and security of the BusinessChat Sites and Services.
- Displaying personalized advertisements: We process your personal data to advertise to you and to provide personalized information, including by serving and managing advertisements on our Sites and on third party sites, in reliance on our legitimate interests to support our marketing activities and advertise our products and services or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your consent.
- Carrying out other legitimate business purposes: including invoicing, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- Complying with legal obligations: We process your personal data when cooperating or complying with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our obligations under applicable laws and to protect against imminent harm to our rights, property or safety, or that of our users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
BusinessChat will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed. If you wish that we no longer use your information to provide your services please contact us at email@example.com .We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If your account become inactive, we will delete your account data after 24 months.
Security / Confidentiality
All your personal information will be protected by reasonable security safeguards against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, Though It is your responsibility to protect your personal data and maintain the confidentiality of your user information and password. You are also responsible for immediately notifying BusinessChat of any unauthorized use of your account, or breach of your account information or password. BusinessChat will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your username or password, either with or without your knowledge. You shall be liable for any expenses, including usage charges and fines, fees, civil judgments, and reasonable attorney's fees for your failure to promptly notify of unauthorized use of your account or breach of your account information or password. Despite all the precautions we take, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of information you transmit to BusinessChat as we don't have a full control on the Internet environment, you acknowledge that you provide such information at your own risk. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Finally, if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
Ask Us about Your Privacy
If you have any questions about this Privacy, Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date updated: 25/July/2023