Table of Content
Snapchat business: benefits of Snapchat profile for businesses
A Snapchat public profile is a feature that allows Snapchat business users to create a public presence on the platform. It enables you to share content with a broader audience, connect with new followers, and promote your brand.
You can showcase products, services, and behind-the-scenes footage and engage with your audience through creative multimedia content. With a Snapchat public profile, you can effectively connect with potential customers and explore new business opportunities.
Reasons why you need a Snapchat business account
Social media channels are the cradle of all online businesses. On these platforms, brands get recognition, increase their follower base, and drive profits. But choosing the right channel for your business can take a lot of work.
Have you ever considered Snapchat? If the answer is no, here are a few advantages to help you decide on your next favorite marketing channel.
Snapchat is a relatively brand-new marketing platform. You should seize the opportunity and build your brand a significant customer base on the channel before all companies decide to shift attention.
Out of the box
Snapchat offers out-of-the-box ideas to reach out to, especially the younger generation. It’s an alternative to formal and stiff content on other channels. You can experiment with creating content, have fun, and provide your followers with exquisite experiences to remember. It’s also an excellent channel for real-time videos and photos.
Snapchat content is a ghost; it’s only there for a few seconds, a day maximum if it’s paid advertisements. This can be very helpful as people grow tired of repeatedly seeing the same content on other platforms. On Snapchat, there’s always something new to see and discover. You can keep your audience entertained with varied content that will only surface once. Make it count!
Steps to create your Snapchat business account and Profile
To start advertising your business on Snapchat, follow these steps and create an account:
Create a Snapchat account
- Go to ads.snapchat.com
- Next to New to Snapchat? click Sign up.
- Enter your name and a username.
- Make a secure password that will be easy to remember.
- Enter a valid email address.
- Enter your birthday
- Click Sign up
Create a business account
- Log in using your preferred Snapchat username and password.
- Input your business name, email, and business name, and click Next.
- Select the country you'd like to do business and choose the currency.
- Click Next to create a business account.
- Add a payment method
- Complete setting up your business profile
- Go back to Manage Ads> Business details, and fill in any necessary details
- Save all changes from the pop-up at the bottom of the screen.
Create Public Profile for your business
Follow these steps to finish creating a public profile for your Snapchat business account:
- Click the menu in the top corner and select Public Profiles
- Select Create a Snapchat account
- If the username you want isn’t available, please select an alternate. Usernames are hidden for verified brands within the app, so securing the exact brand name for your username isn’t necessary
- Input your Profile information. All fields except "Username" are optional
- Your display name doesn’t have to match your username, so if you can’t obtain the desired username, input a display name (30 character max)
- Click Create Profile. Your Profile will be instantly live and searchable on Snapchat
Why do you need to add a public profile?
To enjoy the full potential of your Snapchat business account, you have to make it a public profile. Snapchat public profiles will help you reach your audience and create valuable content thanks to different available features.
With a Public Profile, you have access to features such as:
- Public Stories
- Discoverability across Snapchat
- Audience analytics and insights
- Story Replies*
- Multi-user login for collaborators
- Saved Stories
- A permanent location for AR Lenses
- Commerce Shop with Shopify
- Account setup and management on the web through Ads Manager
- In-app posting and analytics
These features will help you reach a broader audience and publish content that resonates and converts.
Benefits of having a public profile for your business on Snapchat
There are many benefits of having a public profile on Snapchat.
- Add a Photo, Bio, Description, Location, Story, and Lenses
- Snapchatters can Subscribe to you
- Show your Subscriber Count
- View Public Story, Lens, and Audience Insights
- Add to a Public Story separate from My Story
- Select a Category for your Public Profile
- Add a Website and Public Email to your Public Profile
- Have a Chat button on your Public Profile
- Snapchatters can turn on Story Notifications
- Assign and Manage Roles
- Enable Public Story Replies & Quoting
How to use Snapchat for business?
Snapchat offers free and paid advertising tools like any other social media channel. If you are just getting started with your business and do not want to exhaust yourself thinking about an extra budget for marketing, here are a few ways you can turn to:
Offer discounts and coupons
Snapchat is the king of speed, so use this feature to offer your followers discounts and coupons. They will disappear in 24 hours, giving just enough time for your most loyal follower to benefit from them. If people get accustomed to your discount offers, they will visit your feed more regularly, giving you plenty of opportunities to build brand awareness and nurture leads.
People love to hear stories about brands, their creations, behind-the-scenes exclusives, and product know-how. Create short videos to engage your audience and push them to share your profile with friends.
Once you decide to spend money on a comprehensive marketing strategy on Snapchat, you can refer to the following methods and tools.
These are ads that appear between stories, usually a 10-second video. Users can swipe up to check a longer form of content if they want. Statistics say these ads have a 5 X conversion rate compared to traditional banner ads.
Businesses can sponsor unique lenses on Snapchat and offer users opportunities to try new, branded lenses. Images and videos taken using these lenses are shared often, enhancing a brand’s visibility.
businesses can sponsor specific filters to allow snapchatters to use them near the business. Geofilters can reach up to 60% of users per day.
With some testing, you can find your way on the platform and create content that resonates with your followers. Just remember, keep it simple and to the point!
Table of Content
Join the Conversation
Running great Ads is no longer enough.
We will send you the best tips and tools to help you convert more visitors and retain more loyal customers.
We will share some cool WhatsApp marketing & customer service Insights as well.